Pages

Friday, March 2, 2012

Would I Want to Learn in My Classroom?

My classroom is my second home. I spend a lot of time there--many late nights. Some weekends.
But my classroom isn't just a place. It's a community. And I'm not only the leader of the community---I'm also a member.
I started off the week asking myself: If I were a student in my own classroom, would I like it here?
That question got me thinking.
What conditions were right for me?
What's my wish list?
I'd love to read what I choose. And I don't want to have to do a worksheet or book report after I'm finished. But please let me talk about it with others!
I would love to get help from fellow learners if I didn't understand something.
I'd love to try something out before I get evaluated on it.
I'd love to be able to move around and sit in a comfortable spot. Or sit at my desk. Or not.
I'd like to be able to use multiple sources for information.

 I work toward this goal each and every day.

OUR classroom is our home. It should be a great place to be.








 

2 comments:

  1. Great blog! I agree! I've only been blogging for a couple of months and you've got a lot of great ideas! Please stop by my and check it out! I'd love to share ideas with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the name of your blog and just blogged about shoes and teachers! I am also a Texas teacher!

    I agree with you about our classroom being a home. That concept ties in so well with what I do with Conscious Discipline and building Our School Family...I also spend a lot of time at school! =)

    I am your newest follower and would love for you to come visit me when you get the chance!


    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete