Pages

Saturday, March 24, 2012

My Saturday PD

There are so many good things about a Saturday.

A leisurely breakfast.

Trips to the stores for necessary supplies (i.e. food and books).

Having the whole day to yourself. (Mostly!)

But one of the things I love the most is all the learning and reading I get to do!
Today, on Twitter alone, I have already added this to my TO-LEARN stack:
  • How do I make an infographic? My students can create these to show their learning!
  • Using app to create posters in science
  • Having students read aloud (solo!) at home to improve comprehension. 
(The first two ideas come from Sean Junkins on Twitter.)

And today, I will pull the following titles from my TBR stacks:




TRUE by Katherine Hannigan
(A student gave me this book! I love when students share titles with me!)


Kali's Song By Jeanette Winter
(This picture book was just released, and many of my Twitter tweeps say it is wonderful!)


 Nerd Camp by Elissa Brent Weissman
(I picked this one up at my Scholastic BookFair. I've been very curious about it.)

Yes, this is my Saturday professional development session--tailored just for me and scheduled by me!

2 comments:

  1. I believe you can create infographics through this website: http://visual.ly/ Thanks for your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree with you! So much to learn and quite honestly, so little time!

    ReplyDelete