Pages

Monday, March 19, 2012

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?


I love participating in "It's Monday! What Are You Reading?" This meme is sponsored by Jen and Kellee over at Teach Mentor Texts. They share great titles every week!


This Spring Break, I participated in the #bookaday challenge courtesy of Donalyn Miller, The Book Whisperer.

Here are the books I read during my Spring Break vacation:

Friendship Doll by Kirby Larson (MG)
The Unfinished Angel by Sharon Creech (MG)
Same Sun Here by Silas House and Neela Vaswani (YA)
Sidekicks by Dan Santat (Graphic novel)
Calvin Coconut: Hero of Hawaii by Graham Salisbury (MG)
The Humming Room by Ellen Potter (MG)
Like Pickle Juice On A Cookie by Julie Sternberg

I made a bit of a dent in my TBR pile, but I added to it right afterward with trips to the library and bookstore.

I am still reading this book:




It's very suspenseful, but I slowed down some because I had to prepare for the week. I'm on page 241 (out of 289). My goal is to finish it tomorrow. It surprises me on every page! It's a middle grade fantasy and Part 1 of a trilogy!


It's back to school on Monday for me. I can hardly wait to see my students!  I am anxious to share books with them again! I hope they have some to share with me, too.

*****************************************************************************

My shoe choice today:

My personalized TOMS that are super comfortable and super cute!
(A sweet room mom from a few years back gave them to me for my birthday!)

1 comment:

  1. What a great list of books you read during spring break! I really love Same Sun Here right now. Did you see my discussion with Colby Sharp over the weekend? We have been talking about it all month. You should join in!

    ReplyDelete