Pages

Saturday, March 17, 2012

In Everything I Do

Spring Break has really never been about the beach for me. But it has been all about the rest. By the time I reach this part of the calendar, I need the sleep and the clear schedule. Sleepy days with nowhere to be but my couch with some books.  That's very spring-like to me.

But this time I had a goal in mind: Spring Break #Bookaday. (Translation: Read a book a day during the week of Spring Break and post it on Twitter.) I had no problems sticking to the goal. In fact, there were several days where I read two books.

I was in heaven. I had no complaints. I made one trip to the bookstore and one trip to the library. Complete happiness.

After I read a book, I wrote something about it, or tweeted it out to my tweeps.

When I made a visit to the dentist, I even gave him a book recommendation for his grandson.
And that's when I realized something:
Literacy is part of everything I do. And that sits well with me.

Here is what I read yesterday:




Sidekicks by Dan Santat

This is a very fun graphic novel about super crime-fighting pets! I can't wait to share this with my class. I finished it in one sitting.  





Stink #1: The Incredible Shrinking Kid by Megan McDonald

This is a chapter book suited for 2nd -4th grade--a quick read with a fast-moving story. 

I also read:

Same Sun Here by Silas House and Neela Vaswani (I consider this one a YA novel.)

Humming Room by Ellen Potter (Middle grade dark mystery. My review is in the works!)

Calvin Coconut: Hero of Hawaii by Graham Salisbury (Quick-read chapter book--fast-paced for young readers who like action. Setting: Hawaii.)

And then there is Wonder by RJ Palacio. That post is coming. If you haven't read it, read it as soon as you can. It's a magnificent must-read.

No comments:

Post a Comment