Pages

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Book Release Tuesday

Sometimes Tuesday means I have lunch duty. Sometimes Tuesday means a new book is released.

Today, it means both!

Yes, I had lunch duty today.

And there were new books to be bought! I drove straight to my local bookstore after school and bought a copy of both. Tomorrow I will book-talk them and many hands will go up! I will have to draw sticks or choose a number for the first reader, then the kids will come up with a sign-up sheet. (That's what we do in my class when everyone wants to read a cerain book!)

The two books that will be highly sought will be:


Big Nate Goes For Broke by Lincoln Peirce--(released today by Harper Collins)

Fake Mustache by Tom Angleberger--(I thought this book wasn't going to be released until April 1st, but it was already on sale!)

I've already read Fake Mustache, so now I'm off to read Big Nate!

I can't wait to see the look on my students' faces when I bring these out at the beginning of Reader's Workshop.

No comments:

Post a Comment