Pages

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Visitors to Our Classroom

What an eventful week this was in our classroom! We were fortunate enough to host some district visitors who wanted to learn with us!
Since I have made class greeter a classroom job, having visitors to our classroom is a fairly smooth event. Two students guide our guests, entertaining questions or explaining displays.  We created a checklist of features we like to showcase, and the students discuss these features throughout their tour. Although I don't have guests very often, I want the students to be prepared.

This gives students real-world experience, and they love to talk about what we do. It also is great feedback for me because I get to hear the student's perpective on a topic. 

One of the latest wonderful tech tools we've been using is the Bump app.


It allows me to collect images on one device (like these iPod Touches).  Before, I had to upload pics from each device, one by one. This always took so much time!  Thank you again, Tony Vincent (from Learning in Hand), for sharing this app with our staff.

I love this app, and I find new uses for it every day. I also love that it is free!

No comments:

Post a Comment