Pages

Monday, January 30, 2012

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?


It's Monday, and I am once again joining the fabulous Jen and Kellee over at Teach Mentor Texts to share what I am reading today!


I am currently reading Dead End In Norvelt by Jack Gantos. Of course, it has that wonderful sticker on the front because it won the Newbery Medal for 2012 just last week! And I was there to hear the announcement! (I can't stop talking about it because it was so great a day!)

I'd heard of the book before it won, but hadn't picked it up. It's in the YA section of my local library. As I write this, I'm on pg. 125. (Although it is very funny and I am enjoying it, I don't think it belongs in my own elementary classroom library.)

This week, I read Blackout by John Rocco. I really enjoyed this book, and I thought the illustrations were wonderful. My students liked it, too.

I also read The Legend of Spud Murphy by Eoin Colfer. This is a quick, easy chapter book that is very funny, and I know some students in my classroom will love it. I know it's a series, too.

Finally, I also read Bad Kitty for President by Nick Bruel.

This week, I hope to finish Dead End in Norvelt and begin The One and Only Ivan by Katherine Applegate.

And maybe I will begin to delve into some of the great titles I picked at ALAMW on Monday!

I hope everyone has a great week of reading!

5 comments:

  1. Whata darling blog! I just became your newest follower.
    Barbara
    happyteachingfirst.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great reading week! I cannot wait to hear about Ivan- many people in the twitterverse are talking about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tag! You're it! Come visit my blog for the details.
    ~Andi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for following, Barbara! I appreciate it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I forgot to menition that you have been tagged! Come by by blog to check it out!!
    Barbara
    happyteachingfirst.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete