This past week, I posted a poll on Edmodo to see which book was a Caldecott favorite in my class.
The choices were:
I WANT MY HAT BACK by Jon Klassen
PRESS HERE by Herve Tullet
GRANDPA GREEN by Lane Smith
WHERE'S WALRUS? by Stephen Savage
WHERE'S WALRUS? was the winner by 10 votes!
My students loved this book. I knew this because they coudn't stop talking about it and comparing it to other books. It brought them so much joy (the kind that makes the room light up). We didn't have this book in our school, but I found it at my public library. This proves that it is always RIGHT for me to search in multiple places for these books. An extra drive to another library or another bookstore is always worth the gas money, worth the time, and worth the effort.
On Monday morning at 7:45 a.m. CST, we will all find out the winner together!

No comments:
Post a Comment