Pages

Friday, January 13, 2012

Our Own Mini-Mock Caldecott

This was a week of learning for me, especially since all my after-school meetings were basically PD. The best session was on Tuesday.  On this day, my Tech Integration Specialist interviewed me via Skype on ways I ways I connect with teachers outside my school.  I enjoyed sharing even though I was a bit nervous about being interviewed! I learn so much from other teachers, and I always want to pay it forward. 

In class, my students and I read a different Caldecott potential winner every day, and then discussed their chances of winning this prestigious award. We compared them to other books and ranked them.  (Students even started polling each other on their favorites. That was a wonderful moment for me!)

We read:

Press Here by Herve Tullet
(My students LOVED this fun, interactive book!)









Grandpa Green by Lane Smith


A beautiful book about memory and the past. My students still talk about this book. 






Little White Rabbit by Kevin Henkes

This book is about a rabbit who wants to be green.
It's a delightful book!







Of these three, my students loved Press Here the most. 

We will continue to add to our ballot next week as I find more great titles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment