Pages

Monday, January 9, 2012

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?


Today I am joining Jen and Kellee from Teach Mentor Texts in their Monday post about what we're reading on Mondays!

Although last week was the first week back after Winter Break, I managed to get into a reading routine! Every day, at the same time of day, our entire school reads silently for 20 minutes. I also read during our Reader's Workshop for a bit so that I can make sure my students see that I am a reader, too. (I read at home as well, but the amount differs each day depending on what projects I have going on!)

Last week I read several Caldecotts:
The Big Snow by Berta and Elmer Hader
The Little Island by Margaret Wise Brown
They Were Strong and Good by Robert Lawson
The House in the Night by Susan Marie Swanson
Many Moons by James Thurber
Make Way for Ducklings by Robert McCloskey
The Rooster Crows by Maud and Miska Petersham
Mei Li by Thomas Handeforth
Prayer for a Child by Rachel Field

I also managed to read these chapter books:
Smile by Raina Telgemeier
Icefall by Matthew J. Kirby
The Fourth Stall by Chris Rylander

Today I am reading The Friendship Doll by Kirby Larson:


I finally found it at the library, and I have my own copy being shipped to me. I'm a latecomer to this book, but only due to lack of availability!

It is a happy Monday for me! 
(Today's shoe choice: My floral Sloggers--rain boots--since it is a wet day and there is a 42% chance of rain.)

2 comments:

  1. I think you'll really enjoy Friendship Doll! I loved the stories but especially how it all ties up at the end. And I love Make Way for Ducklings! I got to visit with the ducks at the Boston Commons in August. I love those little guys. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those Caldecott winners are really special, aren't they? I liked your lists of books, & have only heard of Icefall. I'll will add The Friendship Doll to my wish list. I've seen it talked about several times. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete