Pages

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Sunday Bookstack


I made my weekly trip to the library yesterday and picked up some books that will help me in my Caldecott challenge. My library has them all in one spot which makes them easier to find. I'm not really going in any particular order. In fact, I read the 2010 Caldecott winner (A Sick Day for Amos McGee) last night.


It is a wonderful book! I can't wait to read it to my class tomorrow.

Also in that stack is TALES FROM SILVER LANDS which is the Newbery Winner for 1925. I hope to start that this week.  (But I'm not making any promises, especially since there are so many good new books in my TBR pile.)

Also in my stack are some titles from the Texas Bluebonnet Award Master List for 2012-2013. One of them is CLEVER TAKES THE CAKE by Candace Fleming. My students have already started reading these, so I need to catch up!

By the middle of the day, I'll probably be done with most of these. And I will have made a tiny dent in my Caldecott Challenge.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there, I just found your blog and am your newest follower. I have a new blog too...come on over and check me out. On a side note I LOVE the santa cupcake --so cute!
    ~ Vicky
    Traditions Laughter and Happily Ever After

    ReplyDelete