Pages

Monday, February 20, 2012

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?



As I do every Monday, I am linking up with Jen and Kellee over at Teach Mentor Texts to share what I am reading today, and what I have been reading this week. 

This week I read two great picture books that I highly recommend:


Extra Yarn is a really fun picture book! I was really at the bookstore to pick up WONDER, but I saw it on the way out and HAD to buy it because I'd seen it pop up on Twitter. I'm so glad I did, and that I have my own copy to use in my classroom. This book will make you think and smile just like I Want My Hat Back. Jon Klassen illustrates this book and that is one of the reasons I love it. It has a quirky story line, and it's not what I expected--just like I Want My Hat Back!

Here's another great picture book: Memoirs of a Goldfish by Devin Scillian. I'm not sure where I came across the title, but it must have been from one of the fantastic educators I've come across in the Twitterverse.  It's another delightful book that I want to use in Writer's Workshop. It's about a goldfish who gets crowded out of his bowl and has to adjust to some new friends! 

This week I also made some progress on my Caldecott challenge.
I read:
The Egg Tree
Sam Bangs and Moonshine
Hey, Al!
May I Bring A Friend?
The Hello, Goodbye Window
Ox Cart Man
Once A Mouse
Frog Went A-Courtin
A Sick Day for Amos McGee (I LOVED THIS BOOK.)

I have so many more titles to talk about! I'll have to blog about them tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment