It's Monday! I join Jen and Kellee over at Teach Mentor Texts in this meme as often as I can.
This week I read:
WAITING FOR THE MAGIC by Patricia MacLachlan
Published: 9/30/2011
Published by: Atheneum Books for Young Readers
This title is on our Texas Bluebonnet Award Master List for 2013-2014. I really loved it and I will review it tomorrow here. It is heartwarming & sweet and it may make you want another pet!

RUMP: THE TRUE STORY OF RUMPLESTILTSKIN by Liesl Shurtliff
Published: 4/9/13
Published by: Alfred A. Knopf Books for Young Readers
I read this book in one day, and I did so because a few of my Twitter friends were reading it, too. I really loved it, and I will review this one Wednesday. (It showed me how important it is to talk about books to others: that act in itself inspires more reading!
What I'm reading now and what I will read this week:

I have so many good titles waiting for me, I can't make up my mind. How does a reader finally settle on ONE book to read? It is a miracle!
I have two weeks before my next semester of grad school starts, so I am taking advantage of all of my reading time & reading every spare second!
What are YOU reading?
What are YOU reading?




I have been waiting for Rump! I have such a large pile of books to get through before I hit it though. Have a great week of reading!
ReplyDeleteLoved knowing we were reading the same book (Rump) this weekend. Opening the pool kept me from making it all the way through so I'm still enjoying it.
ReplyDeleteI loved Freaky Fast Frankie Joe (the title is just so fun to say) and Beholding Bee. You have some great titles...as always...waiting you!
Happy Reading!
Beholding Bee was just lovely! My ten year old daughter also adored it! Happy Reading this week!
ReplyDeleteOohh . . . trying to wait patiently for Rump and Wig in the Window. Storming the Castle is so much fun! And I agree Patricia MacLachlan does tend to write books that make you do a happy sigh at the end, doesn't she?
ReplyDeleteLorna