Pages

Sunday, May 19, 2013

A Good Thing to Do



On May 3rd, I celebrated SCHOOL LUNCH SUPERHERO DAY with my schoolwide book clubs. It was a great day and I tweeted about it several times. (Follow the #SchoolLunchSuperHeroDay hashtag to see all the tweets!)

During this time, my students lent a copy of one of the Lunch Lady books (by Jarrett. J. Krosoczka) to our cafeteria staff. We were glad to do it! They had never heard of the books.

Then the other day, I found the following note in my teacher mailbox:



Isn't this a nice note? I totally didn't expect it, and it absolutely made my day. When we share our passions, it always has an impact on others. And we never know who we will connect with. Sharing good books with people who matter to us --that's a very good thing to do!

What books will you share with your staff?

1 comment: