On Mondays I join a meme called "It's Monday! What Are You Reading?" It's hosted by my friends Jen and Kellee over at Teach Mentor Texts and on Mondays it's a gathering place for teacher/librarian bloggers to share their reading for the week. You can also find these posts on Twitter via the #IMWAYR hashtag.
My classes for the semester ended this week, and even though school is super busy, I found some reading time at night. So I was able to finish some books this week:
I read:
I reviewed this one here. A very compelling read!
I love the Lunch Lady series and so do my students. My school book club celebrated School Lunch SuperHero Day on Friday. It was so fun!
Read my review in yesterday's post here.
I loved this one! I'll review it tomorrow!
This one is written by Cynthia Lord. She won a Newbery Honor Award for Rules in 2007. This is a great book and it was also a gift from one of my very special friends in Maine (where this book is set).
This week I'm reading:
- THE HERO'S GUIDE TO STORMING THE CASTLE by Christopher Healy
- TUA AND THE ELEPHANT by R.P. Harris
- THE WIG IN THE WINDOW by Kristen Kittscher
I must finish the Bluebonnets as soon as I can! Next year promises to be a very special school year, and this Bluebonnet list will be part of that! ;-)
What are YOU reading this week?







Hmm.. the hero's guide to storming the castle sounds fun! I've also been reading quite a lot about Lunch Lady - will hunt for this title in our libraries. :)
ReplyDeleteI looked and I have read half of the Bluebonnet books. I will have to work on getting to the rest of them. They look like some great books. Thanks for sharing! Miss Maple's seeds looks fun.
ReplyDeleteI need to read One Came Home and Laugh With The Moon-I know they'll be good, Cynthia. Touch Blue, too! Lots of books on the list! Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteCurious about Laugh with the Moon... Really enjoying One Came Home this week. Happy reading week to you.
ReplyDeleteGreat books Cynthia! I am looking forward to your review of Touch BLue. I have wanted to read that one for a while. Also need to find time for One Came Home.
ReplyDelete