Pages

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Treat Tuesday!



Designed by Shannon Houghton @MsHoughton

Do you ever enjoy a sweet treat while you read? I know I do!

On Tuesdays, I join some of my Twitter friends in this fun meme called #TreatTuesday. We post pics of our books and treats. I try to pair up my book and my treat in a creative way. (Read last Tuesday's post.)

First, the sweet treat:

 
 
 
My treats are --get ready for this-- CHOCOLATE COVERED CINNAMON GUMMY BEARS. When one of my Twitter friends suggested them, I immediately ordered them! They are super delicious (although I can only eat a couple at a time), and aren't as sweet as you might think. The gummy bear holds up incredibly well under the chocolate, and the gummy bears aren't the little ones you usually see.  
 
I think this treat is very innovative (especially pairing chocolate and gummy bears). So I'm pairing it up with this book:
 
Creating Innovators: The Making of Young People Who Will Change the World
from goodreads.com
This book was a gift from my wonderful principal. He often buys books for team leaders to use in book studies. (I love getting books as gifts.)  As with most nonfiction, I read a chunk at a time, and then mull over it a lot. In this book 2012 release, Wagner shares his interviews with young innovators. What I realize from reading Mr. Wagner's book so far is the importance & necessity of fostering innovation in our classrooms.
This starts with asking questions and seeing the possibilities in every day. I know that reading leads us to innovation because as we grow as readers, we also grow as thinkers.
 
I'm also thinking about my own creativity and practice. How am I being innovative in my teaching? How am I pursuing my creativity for myself as a learner?
 
Nonfiction books always inspire me to pursue possibilities.
 
What are you reading? What snack do you pair with it? 
 
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment