Pages

Friday, August 26, 2011

The First Week of School is Over!

My Friday shoes:  A pair of much-loved, much-worn Zebra mules by Yellow Box. 
They go perfectly with our school shirt and jean capris. 

 

 Wow! A Whole Week Just Went By!
Well, the first week of school is over!  It was excellent but exhausting! And it seems that the to-do list keeps growing.  I keep a to-do list on Penultimate on my iPad, but also find myself using sticky notes and bus-shaped notepads from the teacher store.  If I don't write it down, there's a good chance it will get forgotten.
What did we do today?  
We had a fantastic Friday!  My classroom is coming together like a new little community. We made our Time Capsules that will be 'buried' until the last day of school, we wrote in our Writer's Notebooks, and we talked about Easy, Just Right and Challenging books (from Fountas and Pinnell).  (We also finished setting up our Science Notebooks.)

 My Little Freebie:
In our Time Capsules we included:
  • sealed notes written by parents
  • trinkets that represent hobbies and interests
  • a list of goals for the year
  • photos
  • a piece of string that represents the student's height (which we measured with yardsticks thereby compelling a very happy teacher to HAPPILY teach conversion of inches to feet).
  • a list of favorites: (movies, books, songs, foods, etc.)
I know many of the great teachers out in Blog Land use this activity with their students, too! 
Another great day in 4th grade! Now this teacher REALLY deserves some shoe-shopping this weekend!  

Mrs. Alaniz 
     
 

 

 

 

2 comments:

  1. Cute shoes! I've never heard of Yellow Box before. Are they comfortable? I live in my ugly Birkenstocks. I have narrow feet with really high arches so I need a lot of support during the school day or I can't walk when I get home!
    Happy Weekend!
    Andi
    PencilsGlueandTyingShoes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andi,

    Thanks so much for reading my blog!

    Yellow Box shoes really do come in a yellow box, and you can get them on Amazon, at Belk Stores, and several other places. They are comfortable, but they are more known for their cute flip flops and sandals. Most of the teachers around me wear them a lot!
    I know what you mean about needing support. That's why I always have my Toms shoes available under my desk!
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete