Before I write about my shoes, I have to write about my classroom.
Specifically, how I have to move out of it for 3 days. . . .
It seems our AC unit isn't working. A new compressor is needed which means 2-3 days of repair.
So, with some help from my student intern and my wonderful teammate, I moved 23 student desks down the hall to an empty but air-conditioned room. So grateful I have somewhere to go!
I will have to teach without my classroom library, my writing center, color-coordinated teacher's desk and accessories, and my cute classroom helpers display.
I will have to teach without my Smartboard, my document camera, or my projector.
But we will be fine.
And I am undeterred.
We will learn our place value.
We will continue our Special Person stories (ala Lucy Calkins).
We will have Reader's Workshop.
We will continue building our classroom community.
And I will continue to wear cute shoes.
(Today I wore my very athletic and comfy Asics with burnt orange stripes--which ended up being a good thing since I had to push desks down the hallway!)
Have you ever had to move out of your classroom?
No comments:
Post a Comment