Pages

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Prepping for ALA 2013

As I blog today, my suitcase is packed.  Attending a major conference like ALA 2013 requires serious suitcase commitment. How many outfits do I need? Or, the number one question: How many pairs of shoes will I need?

I've settled on 6.

But even as I packed, and filled my carry-on bag with reading material, I thought about what I'm taking with me that won't fit in my suitcase.

I'm taking classroom memories of books that brought so much joy to my students. Example: THE ONE AND ONLY IVAN.

I'm taking the joy of the #nerdybookclub with me. My fellow reading friends & I will celebrate good #kidlit & be very happy to do so! 

And I'm taking my hopes for a new year!
My excitement about being a new librarian in an amazing school with amazing students can't possibly fit in my suitcase. 

I'm taking an expectations for learning & collaboration. I have a to-do list of dreams. 

I'm also taking these red shoes for the Newbery Banquet. ;-) 

I'm bringing a lot with me to #ala13. I hope I bring back even more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment