Yes, I have changed the name of my blog to reflect my new position for next year! (I guess this tells you how I excited I am about it!)
I will still blog about books, reading, and now: the library! Also, I vow to share a little more about shoes.
Lately, I have been wearing these:
I've been moving a lot.
I've left my old school and closed up my classroom. Wrapping up a school year and leaving a school are major undertakings, so it took comfortable shoes and lots of determination to get it all done. (Plus lots of cardboard boxes, cold bottles of water, and Kleenex to say goodbye!)
FLYING THE DRAGON by Natalie Dias Lorenzi
Published:
Published by: Charlesbridge
Pages: 233
(Texas Bluebonnet Award Master List for 2013-2014)
I'm still wearing the running shoes as I started nesting at my new school. I've made lists (yes, plural), and brought in some things. The projects multiply in number as the ideas come. It's problem-solving, critical thinking, creativity, and self-directed learning at its very best. This transition is a good teacher.
Despite having so much to do, I'm still determined to get in as much of my #bookaday as possible. I've had 3 official days of summer vacation, but I have finished these books:
FLYING THE DRAGON by Natalie Dias Lorenzi
Published:
Published by: Charlesbridge
Pages: 233
(Texas Bluebonnet Award Master List for 2013-2014)
FREAKY FAST FRANKIE JOE by Lutricia Clifton
Published: April 1, 2012
Published by: Holiday House
(Texas Bluebonnet Award Master List for 2013-2014)
(Texas Bluebonnet Award Master List for 2013-2014)
DOLL BONES by Holly Black
Published: May 7, 2013
Published by: Margaret K. McElderry Books
Pages: 244
What I'm currently reading (besides professional development books and journal articles):
THREE TIMES LUCKY by Sheila Turnage
Published: May 10, 2012
Published by: Dial
Pages: 312
(I know! I should have read this book by now! I'm working on it! It won a Newbery Honor for 2013.)
I'm not sure if I'll be wearing my sneakers all day again, but whatever my shoe choice, books will be involved!




Cynthia,
ReplyDeleteLove the new blog title and the way you have so eloquently worked in a little shoe info.
Cathy
Thanks for reading, Cathy! You inspired me during our Twitter chat!
ReplyDeleteSee you on Twitter!
Cynthia
Congratulations Cynthia! I look forward to reading about your new adventures as a librarian.
ReplyDelete