So attending the American Library Association's Annual Conference in Chicago as a new librarian was an exciting thing for me. I attended last summer, too, but this time it was different. Better.
I felt a little more at home at ALA this time around. And I felt a real craving to learn EVERYTHING. I found some great sessions and met some very wonderful people.
Recapping it will be tough. It might take me more posts!
I thought I'd start with these pictures:
I love to see the welcome sign at an ALA Conference. I know they didn't just hang it up for me, but I can pretend they did! (This was in the McCormick Place Convention Center which was a very large venue!)
I arrived a little early, so I came to pick up my registration materials and name badge (important stuff)! Then I came across this sign which made me smile and feel awesome.)
Here's a picture of the Art Institute of Chicago (one of the places I visited). I'd always wanted to go there, and I'm so happy I did. I only saw two exhibits, but both were amazing. I saw the Thorne Rooms and the Caldecott exhibit. I highly recommend both. I was completely overwhelmed by the awesomeness of these sites that for much of the time I was speechless. I will blog about the Thorne Rooms in another post. There's just too much to say about it!
This one trip is a dense collection of memories. How can I ever tell them all?
It is impossible. Instead I'll blog little pieces here and there, and hold it all together in my heart as one of the very best times of my life.




No comments:
Post a Comment