The thoughts of an elem. librarian who loves children's literature, libraries, technology, writing, ---and throughout it all must wear cute shoes!
Monday, December 17, 2012
It's Monday! What Are You Reading?
It's Monday! I'm joining my friends Jen and Kellee for a reading roundup on their blog: Teach Mentor Texts.
These are the books I read this week. With my grad class over for the semester, I had a bit more reading time (which was WONDERFUL)!
I was so excited to read the following books:
HOMER by Elisha Cooper (A picture book I kept hearing about, but could never find. I finally got my hands on a copy and I loved it!)
THE CHRISTMAS QUIET BOOK by Deborah Underwood (I loved this sweet book about all the different types of quiet you hear at the holidays!)
ISLAND: A STORY OF THE GALAPAGOS ISLAND by Jason Chin (Excellent nonfiction told in narrative form. )
I also enjoyed reading these chapter books:
THE UNWANTEDS by Lisa McMann (middle grade)
BOY 21 by Matthew Quick (YA)
My book total is now at 529. Only 71 books away from 600! (I'm giving this info to my students and having them use division to figure out how many books I need to read per day.)
I'm ESPECIALLY excited about the upcoming winter break because I have many books waiting for me. I am between grad school semesters, and, thus, I will basically read all day & all evening.
What are you reading this week?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Happy break, happy reading time! :) I enjoyed Jason Chin's Island, though it felt long for me towards the end. Will your fourth graders sit through that as a read aloud, or would you point it out to independent readers?
ReplyDeleteLorna (@notforlunch)
No, I don't think I could read it all aloud. I will introduce it and read excerpts as a way of showing my students narrative nonfiction. Thanks for stopping by my blog, Lorna! I appreciate it!
DeleteHomer is such a nice peaceful read, and Island is one of the top nonfiction picture books of the year for me.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the comment, Sarah! Homer was such a peaceful book. One of my students wrote a Homer 2!
DeleteGo Cynthia! I keep cheering as I know you will do this. Think how much reading can get done in one holiday day off! You inspired me to add Boy 21 to my TBR list!
ReplyDeleteThanks for continued encouragement, Carrie! It means the world to me. You will love Boy 21. It's a good story of family.
DeleteI appreciate you stopping by my blog, Carrie!