Pages

Monday, November 26, 2012

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?



It's Monday! Time for all of us to go back to school and time to join Jen and Kellee for their weekly meme. This meme means even more now because I have met Jen and Kellee and consider them friends (thanks to #nerdybookclub).

Well, school was out this entire past week! I spent the week celebrating Thanksgiving, of course, but mostly, I spent it reading, doing a grad school assignment, and catching up around the house. Also, I spent it resting from NCTE!

Here are all the books I read this past week:




(Scratch Ungifted, Mousetranaut, and Blue Sky! Those were last week's books!)




This week I became really worried about reaching my 600-Book goal for 2012! Would I make it? So I went to the library and--as you can see-- I went on a picture book frenzy!

My picture book favorites were:
THE MONSTERS' MONSTER by Patrick McDonnell
GOLDILOCKS AND THE THREE DINOSAURS by Mo Willems
THE HUEYS IN THE NEW SWEATER by Oliver Jeffers
COLD SNAP by Eileen Spinelli
HELLO! HELLO! by Matthew Cordell

At NCTE, I heard David Shannon speak about his latest picture book, JANGLES. I really loved this book, and I highly recommend it!

Chapter books:
PINNED by Sharon G. Flake (YA)
JULIE OF THE WOLVES  by Jean Craighead George (YA)--(Newbery)
ROLL OF THUNDER,  HEAR MY CRY by Mildred D. Taylor (Newbery)
THE LEGEND OF DIAMOND LIL by Doreen Cronin

Graphic Novels:
DIARY OF A WIMPY KID: THE THIRD WHEEL by Jeff Kinney
PAGE BY PAIGE by Laura Lee Gulledge (YA)

After a week of good reading, my book total is now at 443 with 157 books left to read in a little over a month. (Winter Break will help me with this.)

WHAT I'M READING NOW:
BOOK LOVE by Penny Kittle (A GREAT PD book for teachers of reading and writing.)

I had a good reading week because it was fall break. What will be harder for me though, will be choosing WHAT to read--not finding time to read. I added so many books to my TBR pile after NCTE,  I will have trouble deciding what to pick up first.

What are you reading this week? 

1 comment:

  1. Wow-you really did read a bunch! I loved Cold Snap & want to read Hello, Hello, & I just gave The Monster's Monster to my granddaughter-what fun! Thanks for the big list!

    ReplyDelete