It's Monday, and it's time to join Jen and Kellee over at their blog Teach Mentor Texts in a weekly meme called "It's Monday! What Are You Reading?" It helps me stay on track with my reading during some very busy school days.
What I read this week:
MOUSETRONAUT by Mark Kelly--a cute story about a mouse in a space shuttle. Loved it!
BLUE SKY by Audrey Wood--a poetic book with variations of the title
UNGIFTED by Gordon Korman
This book is about a boy who gets admitted into a school for gifted students by mistake (as he tries to hide from a certain mishap he caused at his own school). Donovan tends to get in trouble a lot. So, it's a surprise to him when he gets admitted into the program. He meets with a group of very gifted and interesting students, and as he helps them with a robotics competition, he turns their world upside down and learns a lot about himself. Things are just as interesting at home! I laughed out loud in many places in this book. I enjoyed reading this book. (I won't be putting this in my 4th grade library as I think it's more appropriate for older students--perhaps older than 5th grade.)
What I'm reading now:
I'm reading DAY TO DAY ASSESSMENT IN THE READING WORKSHOP by Franki Sibberson and Karen Szymuziak. This book has already helped with my Reader's Workshop and I am so glad I bought it. I'm reading it cover to cover. I highly recommend it.
My reading this week was light, but I'm glad I managed to read a chapter book. Now I'm ONLY 103 books away from my year's goal of 600.
This week involves some traveling, so I know I will have reading time on the plane!
What did YOU read this week?



No comments:
Post a Comment