Pages

Thursday, September 6, 2012

The Beginning of Reader's Workshop

We had our first day of Reader's Workshop yesterday. After having built up to 30 minutes of solid independent reading in a quiet environment, I introduced my students to the format of RW. I had them find their own place to read, and though there was no writing in our Reader's Notebooks yet, they were productive. Pages are being read! Here are their reactions!
 
 

 
 
 
I've already had mini-lessons about how to take care of books, how readers choose books, and this week we will learn about choosing a "just right" book.
 
The launch of Reader's Workshop takes time. I must always remind myself of that.
 
 The lessons will come. Progress will be made. But right now, we are settling in to our routine of reading together as a class.
 
I'm reading with my students, too.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment