Pages

Monday, September 24, 2012

It's Monday! What are you reading?



It's Monday, so I'm joining Jen and Kellee over at Teach Mentor Texts in their weekly meme. We share our past, present and future reads for the week.

Afer not being able to read as much as I wanted to last week, I made it a point this week to read whenever I could. Reading for me is a necessity, not a luxury, not an add-on, not a when-I-can-get-to-it kind of thing. It's something I must do to be happy.

This week I read two books:

 
Infinity Ring by James Dashner (I read the ARC I picked up at ALA, but it's out now!)
 
 
This is an exciting adventure with lots of history mixed in! It's at the Book Fair now, and my students want to read it. It reminded me of the 39 Clues series since future installments in the series will have different authors. Check it out! 

 
from Amazon.com


Third Grade Angels by Jerry Spinelli

This is a classroom/school story of a boy who tries really hard to be good all the time at school and earn his "halo". I really enjoyed it! It teaches about responsibility and making good choices in a very fun way! 
 

 
What I'm reading now:
  
 
 
Skinny by Donna Cooner
 
I picked up this ARC at ALA this summer but haven't had the chance to read it.
Today, it feels like the right time for me to read this book. Do you ever feel like there is a right time for a certain book? It's hard for me to put it down, but that's exactly the kind of book I needed! This is a YA novel about a teen who faces the struggles of obesity and the decision she makes for herself. I can't wait to finish it.
 
What I WILL read:
 
Lately, my reading moods have been particular. I don't really know what I will read until I walk over to my shelves and take a look. I do know one book that's in my future:  SQUISH #4 by Matt and Jenni Holm! (I will also be reading a few grad school textbook chapters.)
 
Shoe choice today: My silver/orange Nikes that are great for a teacher to wear on a busy Monday!
 
 


3 comments:

  1. I think I will pick up a copy of the Infinity Ring for my son. He liked the 39 clues. Also we saw that Jennifer A. Nielsen wrote one of the books in the series (Infinity Ring) and so that makes the series all the more exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think my son has been wearing silver/orange Nikes while he's here for a visit. They are noticed! And-glad to know you like the Squish books. I still haven't read one, but need to-people are talking! The others sound good, especially that one for 3rd grade. It's great to see interesting books coming out for those younger students. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh! Third Grade Angels sounds like a perfect book to share with my daughter's 3rd grade class for my Book Fairy project. I love it when a book can be both entertaining and provide good character lessons, too!

    Lorna (@notforlunch)

    ReplyDelete