Pages

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Check Your Success!

Teachers are notorious for having long to-do lists. My list has no end it seems. I look at it in hope & despair at the same time. There's always so much I want to do for my students and my school. There's always so much to learn.

But while I focus on the things that haven't been done, I lose sight of the the things that are completed. They are gone and forgotten.
I'm thinking that's a mistake. Maybe to fuel my work, I need to REMEMBER what's been accomplished.

Here I go:
Set up Reader's Workshop: check
Set up Writer's Workshop: check
Introduced blogging to class: check
Students building reading stamina to 35 minutes: check
Tweeting as a class: check
Having students begin to work together:  check
Students seeking answers to their own questions: check
Presented to fellow team leaders: check
Had a successful Curriculum Night with parents: check
Matching books with readers: check
Started faculty book club: check
Began my second grad class of my second master's: check

I think I feel a little better! Really!

I know. That list of mine is still just as long.
But I'm a little happier to complete it now that I can see what's behind me. 
Now I'm off to get some more things checked off.

And remembered.

SHOE CHOICE THIS WEEK:
FLATS. Finally wore my silver glittery TOMS. They hold up & shine at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment