Pages

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Warehouse of Books!



I love my classroom library! I am always trying to add to it. I buy books straight from the bookstore, I accept donations from the wonderful parents of my students, and I order all I can from Scholastic book club. Also, I love the Scholastic Book Fair when it comes around to my school! I'm sure I've posted about that before!

But I had never attended the Scholastic Book Warehouse Sale! I finally went to one near me this past weekend!

What a fabulous place! I picked up some great books at a discounted price, and I had so much fun looking! I even ran into some book friends there!

I am so glad I went. I met some wonderful volunteers who work at the sale, and perusing the stacks brought back book fair memories.  In ever aisle, I ran into teachers who were also readers. We started conversations as passed each other with our carts, and I even recommended Wonder and The One and Only Ivan to several of them.

And I asked myself why  I felt so happy about my trip.

Was it because I saved some money?
No.

Was it because I made some new friends?
No.

Here's why I'm happy I was able to go to the sale: I knew that because of the books I picked up, I was better prepared to grow readers in my classroom.

What if one of the books I picked up is THE book?
What if one of the books I took from the shelves is the RIGHT book for one of my students --- now or in the future?

I don't know which book it might be.  But I am excited to offer these books up and see!

Head to your local Scholastic Warehouse sale next time it's in your area!

No comments:

Post a Comment