Pages

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Treat Tuesday



Thanks to Shannon Houghton for the meme badge!
  
It's Treat Tuesday! What are you reading and eating?  
 
 
The week has just begun, but Tuesday's a great day for a treat and any day is a great day for a good book!



 
 
So, after dinner, I'm treating myself to some frozen yogurt which is comforting and sweet.
 
I'll also be reading an upcoming YA novel set to be released this month:
 
 
 
 
GOING VINTAGE by Lindsey Leavitt
Publication date: March 26, 2013
Published by: Bloomsbury
Pages: 320
 
Going Vintage is a YA novel about a girl in high school named Mallory who loves her cell phone and all things tech (just like me). But when she finds out her boyfriend has an online girlfriend, she decides to give up all technology and go back to living like it was 1962 (the time her grandmother was in high school). It's a very interesting premise, and a very fun book. I'm enjoying it very much, so it is definitely a perfect book to feature on Treat Tuesday. (I heard Lindsey Leavitt speak at NCTE last November, and I think she does a great job of trying to really figure out her characters.)
 
It made me think of what technology I could live without and also about what it adds to my life. I think of Skype, the internet, online classes, and blogging. Keeping a book/teaching blog has made a difference for me in so many ways, and it's also connected me to a great community of readers. What did I do before that? I love the way books make me consider new possibilities.  
 
What are you eating & reading today? And what form of technology could you not live without?


No comments:

Post a Comment