It's Monday, and once again, I'm joining my friends Jen and Kellee over at Teach Mentor Texts to share my reading with you. In this weekly meme, we discuss the books we've read and hope to read throughout the week.
This week I read 3 titles:
GENIE WISHES by Elizabeth Dahl
Publication date: 4/2/2013
Published by: Amulet Books
Pages: 288
This is a sweet book for tweens about growing up. It's a positive story about a girl named Genie who is learning to navigate through all the conflicts/worries that come with adolescence. She's just become the class blogger (I loved that part), and she's learning about friendship and how to stay true to herself (for example, not wearing makeup because everyone else is!). I can see moms reading this with their daughters (5th grade on up) so they can discuss the sensitive topics together. I thought Genie was a really wonderful character! I finished it pretty quickly and enjoyed it!
Published: February 26, 2013
Published by: Walden Pond Press
Pages: 430
This middle grade novel (great for middle school readers) involved a road trip, aliens, and pancakes! It's about two kids who don't know each other but have a chance to save the planet. Haley and Dodger are both interesting and unpredictable characters. There's lots of suspense in this one, and an intriguing Groundhog Day movie type-mystery to solve. Oh, and there is also that part about looking for a town that doesn't exist! I enjoyed this science fiction novel, and I really look forward to reading more from Kevin Emerson. (I love that he used to each elementary science, too!)
FLORA AND THE FLAMINGO by Molly Idle
Published: 2/5/2013
Published by: Chronicle Books
Pages: 44
This delightful picture book is a must-have! It's a worldless pink treasure about a girl who wants to dance. I don't want to say anything more about it other than it is WONDERFUL and that if you love picture books as I do, you MUST get it! Every page made me smile, and it is different from any picture book I've ever read. It's one of my latest treasures!! Just like my latest pair of glittery Toms!
This week I'm reading Going Vintage by Lindsey Leavitt. Sitarted it last week and I'm liking it so far!
This week is Open House week AND I'm starting 2 major projects for library school. SO reading time will be at a premium. But just as I find the perfect shoe to wear every day, I will also find the perfect time to read.
What are YOU reading this week?




No comments:
Post a Comment