Some days at school can be so "busy". It is hard not to get caught up in the hectic things. Every moment with our students is an opportunity to teach, interact, encourage, and learn. (I think I tweeted something about that this week.) Looking at time a little differently helps put things in perspective.
No matter how busy the week has been, I always MUST blog.
So today, I'm just taking a moment to share a few little and good things.
First, our grade level is in charge of decorating the front hallway display case for February. We are making these Tagxedos! Each student will think of a book they love, jot down words related to it, and then create a Tagxedo with the words. We want readers to guess the book by the clues! Then they can check their guess with a QR Code which leads to the book title, or to the Amazon page for it!
Although we did this on Digital Learning Day, we didn't do it JUST FOR Digital Learning Day. I always try to remember that it's not about the tool, it's about the learning.
As my students made these, they were teaching each other.
Next, I want to share a book with you.
It's Exclamation Mark! by Amy Krouse Ronsethal & Tom Lichtenheld. Told from the point of view of the exclamation mark, the story is about discovering your talents, and being happy in the discovery! It is completely delightful and perfect for the elementary classroom. Thanks to Scholastic for the book!
I hope to have more wonderful things to share with you in the coming weeks.


LOVE the wordle of Ivan!! Such a great idea. I would love to read Exclamation Mark. Looks kind of like Spoon of Chopsticks. I love those kinds of books.
ReplyDeleteGreat idea to create the wordless and add the QR code!
ReplyDeleteAlso looking forward to reading the exclamation
Mark!
Thanks for sharing!
Thanks for the great idea! We did it today in my 3rd grade classroom and posted them on our Kidblogs. http://mrstinaschmidt.edublogs.org/2013/04/15/fun-with-word-clouds-and-qr-codes/
ReplyDelete