Pages

Monday, February 18, 2013

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

It's Monday! I'm joining Jen and Kellee over at Teach Mentor Texts to share what we've been reading this week. I'm happy to take part in this meme!

Last week consisted of two after-school meetings, lots of work for library school, Valentine's Day, and a fabulous author visit (plus some side projects). So my leisure reading was limited.

Last week I read:


I Haiku You by Betsy Snyder
Publisher: Random House Books for Young Readers
Published: December 26, 2012
Hardcover, 32 pages
 
I loved this poetry collection of sweet haikus! We read these toether as a class on Valentine's Day, and it was the perfect book. It inspired my students to write haikus themselves.
 
 

A Tangle of Knots by Lisa Graff
Publisher: Philomel
Published: February 12, 2013
Hardcover, 288 pages
 
 
This book is a delightful collection of little mysteries that all connect in the end. The story is smoothly written, and the characters are so intriguing. There are people with Talents and there are people who are Fair. This book also includes wonderful cake recipes that match each character. I highly recommend it.
 
 
What I plan to read this week:
 
I will be reading textbook chapters and journal articles, but I will also treat myself to these:
 
Every Day After by Laura Golden
Out of the Easy by Ruta Sepetys
 
 
What are you reading this week? 








4 comments:

  1. I Haiku You looks awesome! I will have to remember that one. I also enjoyed A Tangle of Knots. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to read I Haiku You. I've heard such good things about the book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooh. Cake recipes! That sounds like a lovely book! I will have to track it down. The haiku book is going on my ordering list too. Thanks for sharing. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to read Out of the Easy! I'm waiting (not so patiently) for it to come in to my library. It is still on order! I loved Between Shades of Gray.

    ReplyDelete