Pages

Monday, February 11, 2013

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?



On most Mondays, I join Jen and Kellee in a meme over at their blog Teach Mentor Texts . We talk about our reading for the week, and it's a great way to pick up some book recommendations.

This week I read:


CANDY SMASH by Jacqueline Davies
Publisher: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Children's Book Group
Published: January 8, 2013

Jess and Evan find another mystery to solve, and along the way, they get involved in a few very tricky elementary dilemmas in the 4th installment of the Lemonade War series. I enjoyed this one because of the point of view by each character. I also appreciated the lessons they learn.  Thanks to HMH Kids for the book!





THE SWEET REVENGE OF CELIA DOOR (YA) by Karen Finneyfrock
Publisher: Viking Juvenile
Publication date: February 21, 2013
Thanks to Penguin Young Readers Group for the ARC!


Celia Door is enduring harsh treatment by bullies in her freshman year of high school. Secretly, she plots revenge.  But a new kid in the school named Drake complicates things. I couldn't put down this book. Karen Finneyfrock has a fresh voice and engaging writing style that draws you into her story.



 
TIMMY FAILURE: MISTAKES WERE MADE by Stephan Pastis (ARC given by Candlewick)
Publisher: Candlewick Press
Publication date: February 26, 2013
Thanks to Candlewick for the ARC!
 
 
 Timmy Failure owns a detective agency AND a polar bear. He's also 11 years old. His adventures made me laugh out loud and also say "Awwww" (especially the sweet conversations he has with his mother). It was a mix of comic/graphic novel, and I finished it in one sitting. 
 
 
I also reread the Texas Bluebonnet Award Winner for 2013:
 
(See my previous post.)


This week I am reading:

from goodreads.com
Read my tweets tomorrow to find out why I am reading this book tonight!

Also, in tomorrow's post I'll be writing about my wonderful author-visit day with  C.Alexander London! (Hint: It was a GREAT day, and I wore my red shiny flats!)

What are YOU reading?
 
 


1 comment:

  1. I am intrigued about tomorrow's post!! Fun titles this week! Hooray for posts!

    ReplyDelete