My attendance at Midwinter was -- and I'm not exaggerating-- a life-changing experience. I was around fellow book people, and their passion inspired me. My time there also helped me reshape some career goals.
I attended the Youth Media Awards on the last day. Here was my view.
There was a lot if excitement and even though I'd attended Midwinter last year in Dallas, this was even more special. My students & I had read many of the books together, and we knew exactly how good they all were.
Things turned out well. Especially for a friend of mine named Ivan. (See previous post.)
Here I am after the announcements, which to me had the feel of the Academy Awards.
It was a little hard to leave the room. My #nerdybookclub friends and I walked together, sharing our joy about Ivan. ( See previous post.) We made our way to the exhibit hall and luckily we were there when THE ONE AND ONLY IVAN got his
sticker:
But there were other things about my trip to Seattle that were special and fun.
I found these beautiful tulips at the Public Market. Aren't the colors amazing?
And at one of the fish markets, I found this funny sign that welcome ALA visitors. I had to take a picture of it.
I will also never forget the people I met. Here I am with Nancy Pearl, "rock star" librarian and contributor to the book world. It was a special moment for this library school student! She was very kind and talked with our group for a while about her work.
I have more photos and memories to share, and like a future librarian, I will have to find ways to catalog them all.
In the meantime, I will treasure them in my mind and heart.
Thank you to all the people in Seattle who were so kind to me.






No comments:
Post a Comment