| My students 'secretly' made me this card the other day and left it for me on the board. Everyone signed it inside and left some very sweet notes. I will miss them, too! |
The school year came to an end on Friday. My room is completely empty since we are getting new carpet this year. All of my things are put away in cabinets or packed in boxes. I thought I'd never get it done, but I did! Hopefully, my students are beginning a summer of play, adventure, reading, and time with their families!
So it's time to dig in to my summer PD. Besides a class and a conference or two, I'll take part in Donalyn Miller's Summer Book-A-Day (reading a book a day) and tackle some of the piles of books around my house. These books are mostly MG but there are some YA titles, too. (I have plenty of books to read, but somehow I manage to find my way to the bookstore or library to get more.) In addition to fiction, I'll be reading these two professional books:
- The Passion-Driven Classroom: A Framework for Teaching and Learning by Angela Maiers and Amy Sandvold
- 10 Things Every Writer Needs to Know by Jeff Anderson
What professional books are you planning to read this summer?
(My shoes choice this week: My orange Nike running shoes! I managed to maintain a running schedule (I only missed one day!), so I'm hopeful the habit is setting in!
No comments:
Post a Comment