Stack A
I have many stacks of books around my house. I move them around regularly. I arrange them in several ways, depending on my mood. Some days I stack the books by genre (picture books, chapter books, or young adult). Then sometimes I stack them by their location of origin or means of aquisition. The books in Stack A above all came from B & N. I bought them the day of our read-aloud event. I had been hunting some of these titles for a very long time, so when I saw them on the shelf, I was elated!
Stack B
Stack B is also arranged by means of acquisition. I bought these at a different Barnes and Noble on a different day.
No matter where I get my books, I like having them around me. Some that I have pictured will never be part of my classroom library. I read them to understand good writing and because I love reading books other people recommend.
Three books from the above stacks that I will definitely share with my class:
Hound Dog True by Linda Urban
Marty McGuire by Kate Messner
Pie by Sarah Weeks
Big Nate and Friends by Lincoln Peirce
I loved all of these books and will put up a review here in the coming days.
In the meantime, I'm off to read and wear my last cute pair of shoes for the day: my slippers.
No comments:
Post a Comment