This is a very popular book in Texas. The reindeer are Longhorns, and they come to a sod house. Our fourth graders performed a Reader's Theater of this book. It was a hit!
I also read Christmas Magic by Lauren Thompson. It was nice for a read-aloud and seemed to bring a peaceful mood. This is a very sweet book to read during the holidays.
It came highly recommended and it didn't disappoint.
I also read my favorite picture books of 2011: I WANT MY HAT BACK by Jon Klassen. This book makes you think, entertains you, and causes you to ask questions. The kids AND the parents enjoyed this one. I really want to make my own red hat!
The event was wonderful, and I was so glad to be able to participate! Afterwards, students and I walked around the bookstore (as parents followed!), and we were able to help them pick out some good titles!
No comments:
Post a Comment