Pages

Sunday, December 25, 2011

A Club Like No Other

This is the stack of PBs I brought home from our public library, and my own school library. My two favorites right now are Me..Jane and You Will Be My Friend. They came recommended by some new friends I've made in a club I've joined.

In high school, I joined several clubs in hopes of gaining experience and making friends.  Although being in these clubs was advantageous and I did enjoy some of them, there were always some aspects that weren't always wonderful. Sometimes the meetings were long or scheduled at inconvenient hours. At times, I didn't have very much in common with the other members. A few required that I sell things people didn't need at prices that were too high.  Our projects were tedious, and some really had no point.

But now, I've joined a very wonderful club. This club meets at hours convenient for me. I share a common interest with all its members. All the "work" for this club involves me doing something I love to do! And every "project" has a point!
(See note below about projects.) But the very best thing about this club is that it helps me be an even better teacher.
The club I've joined is the Nerdy Book Club. We read all sorts of wonderful books. We met when we can, whenever we like, and every book we read makes us all better writers (and though most of us are writers, it is not required for membership). I read some wonderful children's books that I place in my classroom library.  I learn about the newest books and the best books, and I am able to bring this into my teaching and my school!  I am so thankful to be a member of this club! I've already read so many quality books that I never would have known about if it were not for my fellow members.
 
 
Would you like to join? Great! As one of our wonderful officers says, if you read, you're already a member! 

* A note about projects:
All Nerdy Book Club projects involve reading any book you like, whenever you like, and sharing it with any or all of the book members in any form you choose. . .

 










No comments:

Post a Comment