
I am joining Jen and Kellee from Mentor Texts for this weekly post about what we're reading this Monday. This is my first linky post, and I am new to book blogging! I decided to start one because I wanted to pass on my experiences with these books to others, and it's a natural extension for reading some wonderful literature.
This week has been an amazing week of reading for me! I don't think I've ever read so much at one time in my life. (I made three trips to the public library, and three trips to B&N!) I decided to devote my winter break to two things: celebrating the holidays and #bookaday. So far, it's worked out.
PICTURE BOOKS:
The Money We'll Save by Brock Cole Queen of the Falls by Chris Van Allsburg
Look! A Book! by Bob Staake
Me. . Jane by Patrick McDonnell
Chalk by Bill Thomson
Press Here by Herve` Tullet
You Will Be My Friend by Peter Brown
Can We Save the Tiger? by Martin Jenkins
Stars by Mary Lyn Ray
Ice by Arthur Geisert
MIDDLE GRADE CHAPTER BOOKS:
Bigger Than A Breadbox by Laurel Snyder-(COULDN'T PUT IT DOWN)
Pie by Sarah Weeks- (MADE ME CRAVE PIE)
Breadcrumbs by Anne Ursu-(AMAZING!)
Toys Come Home by Emily Jenkins-(SO PLAYFUL!)
Wonderstruck by Brian Jenkins-(FANTASTIC!)
(I will write reviews of several of these soon. Breadcrumbs is an especially amazing book, as are Wonderstruck and Bigger Than A Breadbox.) These three books will have a special place in my classroom library, and I am planning my booktalks for them now.
Today, I am reading The Twenty-One Balloons by William Pene DuBois and Turtle in Paradise by Jennifer Holm.
My plan is to read library books first, then books I own. But the plan may change!
Happy reading and #bookaday to you all!
(My shoe choice today: The new leopard slippers I got for Christmas. I don't plan on leaving the house because I plan to read all day!)
Wow! What a week you had and with some REALLY amazing books. It looks like Nerdy Book Club has helped you with your choices and they are some darn good ones!
ReplyDeleteEnjoy 21 Balloons- it is such a fun adventure (reminds me of Pixar's UP a bit).