Reading aloud to young readers is one of my most favorite things to do. I want them to develop a love of books and reading because I know what a meaningful lifetime gift this can be. By reading aloud to them, I hope to bring books alive.
World Read Aloud Day is a celebration of this!
So every day this week, I am connecting with other Twitter friends (librarians & authors) throughout the country.
Our first connection was with my friend Jennifer Reed, a fellow librarian, in Massachusetts. She and I read to each other's kindergarten classes via Skype. We read from:
Mrs. Reed was Elephant, and I was Piggie. It was perfect! We could hear the other students laugh, and we could share the moment together. We found that our readers shared a love of Mo Willems books, too. We also compared the weather in our areas. They waved to each other, and we looked for Pigeon on the last page of the book.
I enjoyed our first connection, and I cannot wait for more!


No comments:
Post a Comment