Pages

Monday, March 17, 2014

Green Covers for St. Patrick's Day

Last night, I asked my Twitter PLN for help in recalling titles of picture books with green covers. I am so thankful to fellow librarians and teachers who sent me replies: @burnetlibrarian, @ALAJenna, @jenniferlukens, @sujeilugo, and @kelleemoye. Laura Murray, author of Gingerbread Man Loose in the School even sent me titles, as did Cristina Gilbert from Bloomsbury! I am so grateful to all of them for their time!

Here's what the display looked like! I'm so grateful to my WONDERFUL parent volunteer who got it all set up!




The result was this:
We had to keep replenishing the display with more "green" books throughout the day because they were being checked out. This is the part that makes me especially happy!

Also, I pulled Green by Laura Vaccaro Seeger to read aloud today, and our readers absolutely loved it. Seeger's use of die-cuts and her brilliant art captured my students' imaginations and entertained us all.

Every St. Patrick's Day book I had in the library was checked out, too.

Indeed, it was a very awesome and LUCKY St. Patrick's Day in the library!

No comments:

Post a Comment