Pages

Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thankful for Books! Of Course!

I am thankful for books.

That is no surprise to anyone who has met me. And after being at a wonderful conference at NCTE with my Twitter PLN, I can assume safely that they would say the same.

Books lead to experiences. Books lead to questions. Books take you to the thing you need. They show you the thing you'd never heard of. They lead you to the right person. They take you to the right places. They lead you to joy and hope (while also taking you through sorrow and despair). They help you know yourself and others. But they also make you wonder.

I'm thankful for all that books have brought to my life. They have led me to wonderful, glorious things. 

I've read some special ones this week:

  



With every turn of the page, my gratitude grows--as does my desire that all of the young readers in our charge would know this gratitude as well.

I'll keep reading, and I'll keep being grateful.








No comments:

Post a Comment