I'm always excited about new books in the library! I will share two of them with you here:
The Penguin books are lovely. The illustrations are bright and simple, and the text is great for reading aloud. After you read a Penguin book, you just feel so happy! How could you not love a penguin who is so caring?
Penguin is part of my first day of Picture Book Month in the library. For the entire month of November, teachers, librarians, authors, and other readers will be sharing picture books. Everyone can learn from a really good picture book, and there are so many great titles being published today. They teach lessons, they make us laugh, they show us how to write, and they bring joy to readers of all ages. I have purchased so many picture books for my own personal library, and my collection grows with each month. I cannot resist!
In our school library, I love to read picture books to our classes. A really wonderful book elicits genius comments, interesting questions, and overall great thinking. I wish I could remember all of the great things our young readers say as I read a picture book aloud. It makes so happy for the great reading life they have ahead of them.
What do you love about picture books?

No comments:
Post a Comment