Week 5 of the school year has been the busiest yet. With all the running around I did I should have work sneakers, but instead I wore my new pair of fall boots from Rockport. They match with my rolled up Levis and school shirt.
Last week our class had a substitute for the first time, and they did a great job! Yeah!
I attended a great training put on by some excellent educators in our district. They participated in the Sally Ride Science Academy, and then returned to train other teachers.
The goal of the academy is to raise awareness about careers in science, and I learned so very much. During one of the opening activities, we were asked to brainstorm a list of scientists. Most of us listed those who were no longer alive. But during the course of the training we not only learned about famous scientists living today, we also learned about careers in science, and how we can educate our students on all the different careers possible. There are so many!
We learned that we will need more and more science and math graduates in the future.
We also learned left with some great science activities. I am so glad I attended!
No comments:
Post a Comment