Pages

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Shopping for Fall Shoes

I bought these boots at shoe heaven (DSW).   A teacher in Texas should always have a pair of these. 

It is getting cooler here, and for that I am grateful!  It means it will be time for boots. . . and that will start a whole new aspect of this blog! 

I can still wear sandals, but those days are numbered. 

My fourth graders and I had a marvelous day!  We talked about 'reading lives' (from Lucy Calkins), wrote about objects that spark memories, counted up to 1000 using number lines, and then started torn-paper self-portraits. I got that idea from Amanda over at The Teaching Thief blog.   I'll post pics of those when they are done. 

My class earned 4 compliment cupcakes today!  I was so proud of them.  They had an exemplary day!


I have a great new pair of cowboy boots.  I can hardly wait to wear them to school!

2 comments:

  1. What is DSW? I have been searching for the perfect brown boots f-o-r-e-v-e-r! I feel like I may have set the bar too high because it has been 2 years and I still don't own a pair. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andi, I know this feeling. I have been on the hunt for mine since forever as well. DSW is a 'shoe warehouse' we have here in Texas. It is GREAT! There's one right by my school so I go there all the time.

    The pair I bought were by Madden Girl (Sanguine Brown).
    Hope you find them! Thanks for reading my blog!

    ReplyDelete