Pages

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Saturday Shoes



This weekend was a special one. So I wore a pair of special shoes. I was honored to present at one of the breakout sessions at the local TAIR conference, a gathering of preservice teachers interested in literacy.
So, needless to say, I had to dress up.  I thought these booties would be perfect with my dress. (I am excited because I feel fall arriving, and I can bring all of my boots off the high shelves.)

At the TAIR conference, I shared my experiences with using mobile learning devices in the classroom.  We are fortunate at our school to have sets of iTouches for our students, and I figured out the best ways for my students to use them. 

But my favorite part of sharing was introducing QR codes to the future teachers.  I absolutely LOVE these 2-dimensional bar codes! I see them everywhere and collect them! It's an obsession, really!  I created them for my classroom blog and my teacher blog. ( But there is so much more you can do with them! Read my next post for ideas!)

Author/poet/teacher George Ella Lyon was the keynote speaker at the conference. All the Water in the World, one of her many books, is a great read-aloud for teaching the water cycle. Plus, it's just beautiful writing! My friends and co-presenters were so happy that she joined us for lunch! What a privilege it was to spend time with her!

Teaching presents you with so many wonderful gifts. And this day was a gift to me! 








1 comment:

  1. Cool, I have been interested in learning more about the QR codes! Can't wait to read all about it.

    Cute booties! It is way too hot here and not even close to resembling fall weather. I'm melting!

    ReplyDelete