Pages

Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Titles I Shared with Teachers

One of the best parts of summer (besides unlimited time for reading!) is having the opportunity to learn and grow as educators! Whether it is attending a conference, or a one-day Edcamp, my professional development is a summer priority for me. Sometimes that means presenting, and recently I had the privilege of doing just that, sharing #kidlit titles with teachers in my district. 

I had to limit myself! After all, I only had an hour, and I was co-presenting with a fellow district librarian. As you can imagine, it was hard for me to decide! We each decided on a set. If I had to decide again, I would include more. 

These are some  of the titles I shared. Most were picture books (both are fiction and nonfiction) as teachers are busy looking for titles to include in their lessons and/or classroom libraries next year. 

I gave a brief description of each and it was so fun to share them! I hope you find this list helpful! 


Great concept for a picture book with satellite photos! 



A lovely book showing the importance of someone's name!


A delightful new character with an interesting way of solving mysteries! 




A reverse timeline book about Harriet Tubman with poetic verse and the most lovely watercolor illustrations! A gorgeous book! 


A cat who sees things in a different way! A great story based on the meaning of one word: catawampus. 


Gorgeous photos that bleed off the page! Perfect for any unit on fall or the seasons! Read any and ll books by April Pulley Sayre. 


The first in a an early reader series from Mac Barnett and Greg Pizzoli! Jack is a monkey that is always getting into trouble! 



A wonderful Little Red Hen story with a twist! I loved Ruby and her spirit for learning new things! #makerspace, too! 


Stories inspire imagination! From Peter Sís! 


What if your tongue could act like a sword or straw? Fun nonfiction! 


How did our homes begin? What natural resources were used to build them? 


Beautiful gatefolds in this one! Perfect for a planting unit! 


Ada Lovelace's story with detailed illustrations that include letters and numbers! 



These weren't all of the titles, of course! I look forward to sharing with teachers again this summer and I am already compiling my next stack! 

The Shoes:

Because it was summer,  I wore jeans to this session! I decided that sandals were the way to go! The pair I wore was similar to this style and they are Baretraps shoes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment