First off: two board books.
I don't read board books very often, although I do love it when I find sweet ones and when I do I buy them as gifts to take to baby showers! Occasionally, I receive a few of them. I recently read two that I found so enjoyable and engaging!
Buzzeo, T. Whose boat? Illus. by Tom Froese. New York: Abrams Appleseed, 2018. Print.
Gatefolds and diagrams! Oh my! This is what you will find in Whose Boat? -- a joyful and informative nonfiction board book telling readers about the different boats one might see on the sea! Through use of lively rhyming verses and colorful, labeled illustrations, readers will learn to identify six different boats: the harbormaster boat, the fishing boat, the tugboat, the fireboat, a car ferry, and a lifeboat. Readers open the gatefold to reveal another verse as well as the name of the boat. The last spread is particularly delightful, and when I closed this book, I realized I was smiling and happy! (Sometimes you just need a book to make you feel this way!) I am now trying to think of who will love this book (because someone will --as I do), and I have it earmarked for them already! Do you know a reader who loves boats, or cars, or vehicles of any type?Share this book with them! Read more about it here.
Carter, David A. Summer: A Pop-up Book. New York: Abrams Appleseed, 2018. Print.
Summer is a two-for-one: a board book as well as a pop-up book. It's short page-wise, but the pop-ups, illustrations, and labels fill the time. This book tells about the various animals, insects, flowers and other plants that are out and around in the summer. I had fun digging around the pop-ups to find more creatures! There are other treasures hidden among the pop-ups and within them as well. I found a corgi on one of the spreads, and I spotted two chickens illustrated with a marbleized paper! David Carter has three books in this seasonal series (Winter, Spring, Autumn) which I haven't read and now want to take a look at.
Harrison, David L. Crawly school for bugs: poems to drive you buggy. lllus. by Julie Bayless. Honesdale, PA: 2018. Print.
Of course I love poetry, and when I read this one, I knew I had to share it with you!
Where do bugs go to learn? Crawly School, of course! Doesn't that SOUND like a real and interesting place? (Hint: Yes!) At Crawly School, bugs learn how important lessons such as how to camouflage themselves, recognize the dangers of floor mats, or hide from spiders. Grasshoppers learn that they are eaten (yuck!) as delicacies across the world, and termites eat up the classroom and all the materials! This poetry picture book is both clever and entertaining, and the illustrations make it a complete experience. (I am actually reading another poetry book by David L. Harrison right now and I will share that on this blog later.)
I think I chose the right books for this blog post. I am off to choose more for tomorrow's post.
Many thanks to @AbramsKids and @BoydsMillsPress for sending me these books!
The Shoes:
Today I am working on my blog and running a few errands. The perfect shoes for this? My white Converse Chuck Taylor Low Tops! They go great with bermuda shorts of course!



No comments:
Post a Comment