Pages

Tuesday, March 21, 2017

AASL's Social Media Superstars Finalists


A school librarian's day always holds a few surprises! Sometimes it's a change in the schedule! Sometimes it's an unexpected book delivery! Whatever it may be, librarians are always ready! 

Recently, I enjoyed a surprise myself! I was honored to hear that I was one of three finalists in a new recognition program with AASL! 




This news today made me reflect about my membership in AASL. No doubt, joining a professional association as a librarian is a smart thing to do --especially one with such amazing resources and offerings! I know that being connected to a group that shares and learns together makes me a better librarian. I read the publications and posts and refer to them often during the week. Someone is always sharing their ideas and new ventures, and I am inspired to do the same! In fact, this is how my makerspace came about! 

Even though they are not in my building or even in my state, I learn so much from my fellow school librarians with whom I am connected. Are you connected? If not don't wait any longer! 

There are seven categories of finalist in the AASL program! I was named in the Curriculum Champion category. Make sure you check out all of the finalists in all of the categories, and if they have inspired you, please leave a comment for them! These comments and testimonials will be accepted from the public and the school library community until April 14th! I hope you will go through the list of finalists and add them to your PLN, too! 




I celebrate all school librarians today and learn alongside you! I especially want to give a shout out to my fellow #cisdlib in my district and my #txlchat librarians in my state! They are each my teachers every day! 

May your day be full of lovely surprises, too! And many book deliveries! 



1 comment:

  1. So happy for this lovely news, Cynthia! You are a rock star (in cute shoes, of course)!

    ReplyDelete