Pages

Sunday, June 19, 2016

Our Blogging Journeys

This past week as I presented at Lit Camp, I spoke about my "blogging journey".  I explained how I named my blog (from my love of shoe-purchasing!) and how I was inspired to get it started by fellow #nerdybookclub members. I can remember a few of us all creating our first post, and then sharing links with one another. Such an exciting time!

As I shared my blog with others, I found that helping them get theirs started caused me to really take a good, deep look at my own.

I realized that I needed to take a look at it with fresh eyes (an examination long overdue).  This process continues, but I now realize that it should be more of a presence in my life -- and hold more importance than I place on it. I have librarian friends who also blog, and I know they tend to their sites with so much focus.  I tell others, "I have a blog." But I wonder if I truly understand the power of that.

A saying that hangs in my library office 


I also thought about this:

I thought about how my blog is like other places that I write. Or rather, how it is NOT like it. Yes, I have a writer's notebook. But a blog is different.  I designed it, named it, created it and I fill it as much as I can. I pour into it not just to express my ideas - but to share them.

Also, my blog:

  • helps me take stock
  • illuminates important books 
My little blog helps me reflect on books in a way that can mean something to others. 


So with this "reset" of my blog, I blog again with a renewed sense of purpose.

I guess my blog needs a summer recharge, too!






No comments:

Post a Comment